Fc Barcelona have closed the deal with Aston Villa for Philippe Coutinho

Fc Barcelona will receive around 20 million euros for Philippe Coutinho, and will also retain 50% of the player’s rights.

Philippe Coutinho

As per Gerard Romero, Fc Barcelona have finalized a deal to make Philippe Coutinho’s loan at Aston Villa permanent. Aston Villa will pay around €20M in terms of transfer fee and Fc Barcelona will retain 50% of the player rights if the player is sold in the future.

Aston Villa coach Steven Gerrard has full confidence in the Brazilian and played a major role in this transfer. Coutinho himself wanted to stay at Aston Villa as he’s more than happy with Gerrard.

Philippe Coutinho joined Aston Villa on loan this January and Aston Villa agreed to pay around 65% of Coutinho’s salary. The remaining 35%, which Barca had to pay, was given up by the player himself.

Fc Barcelona are set to take a net loss of over €120M on Philippe Coutinho. The club has paid around €140M to Liverpool to sign the Brazilian midfielder in the winter transfer window of 2018.

Considering Fc Barcelona’s complicated financial situation, and Coutinho’s astronomical wages, it’s a win-win situation for all parties involved. Barca’s win lies within his wages being off the books.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

The Latest

Pep Guardiola uncertain about the future of Barcelona, PSG target

One player who has been on the radar of FC Barcelona for some time now is Manchester City ace, Bernardo Silva. The midfielder was...

Atletico Madrid forward does not entice Barcelona – report

It is no secret that FC Barcelona have been looking to bring in quality depth to the center-forward position for some time now. Prior...

Latest report reveals the extent of wages rescinded by departing Barcelona fullback

One of the main objectives of FC Barcelona before the start of the next season is to clear the clutter present in the squad...

Superagent identifies another possible replacement for Busquets at Barcelona

After officially bidding Sergio Busquets farewell, Barcelona are in the market for a defensive midfielder as they urgently require a replacement for one of...

French club in contact with Barcelona for purchase of out-of-favour defender

FC Barcelona have their plans for the upcoming summer transfer window in place and would be looking to implement these plans successfully and lay...

Barcelona have ‘practically sealed’ priority midfield target’s transfer in a Bosman deal – report

The summer transfer window is starting in only a few days, and officials at FC Barcelona are busy with their tasks to ensure the...

Araujo shares his methods for match preparation and Xavi’s training style

Looking back at the season of FC Barcelona, it is hard to attribute the club's success without acknowledging the brick outhouse in defense: Ronald...

Departing Barcelona defender prefers to remain in Spain for the upcoming season

After serving the Blaugrana crest for 11 years, Jordi Alba leaves Barcelona at the end of the season, putting an end to an illustrious...

Lionel Messi willing to wait for FC Barcelona – Fabrizio Romano

With FC Barcelona soon to have access to vital information that would allow them to pursue their various transfer targets over the summer, the...